History of The Glen’s

The Glen Creighton neighborhood, nicknamed “The Glens” is located between Wadsworth and Kipling, and bounded by West Colfax and West 20th with its neighboring subdivisions of Norwood and Beverly Heights. The lovely neighborhood of Kawanee sits directly to the north, reaching 26th Ave. Glen Creighton consists of roomy irregularly shaped lots on Scottish named streets— Glen Moor, Glen Gyle, Glen Ayr, and Glen Shietl.

In 1923, Cyrus J. Creighton paid $32,000 for 80 acres of farmland on West Colfax. At the time, Colfax was the only paved street and encouraged people to live in the country suburbs and commute to jobs in Denver. It was the main route to the mountains for tourists who stopped at filling stations, cafes, court motels, and fresh produce stands. Continue reading